Feb 27, 2014
Need some help getting ready before prom? Don’t stress out – you can start the night before with 5 easy tips from us – and they don’t involve getting into your prom dress the night before.
- Drink lots of water – If you’re a dancing queen like we know you are, make sure you’re drinking plenty of water the night before the big dance. This way you stay hydrated all night and can bust all the moves you’ve been saving up for!
- Get plenty of sleep – We know you’re excited, but getting lots of rest the night before prom is essential. Making sure you get at least eight hours the night before can seem tough – but it’s really important to not only your body but your appearance too. No one likes to see their prom pictures come with puffy or baggy eyes!
- Don’t wash your hair – we know it may be tough for some of you, especially if you’re prone to grease, but this one is really important! If you want your up-do to hold, look crisp, and not fall out by 6 p.m., skip shampooing your hair the night before. The grease in your hair actually helps to keep the hairstyle intact, so you can keep the party going all night!
- Tweeze your eyebrows – Have a couple of stragglers in your brow line, but just had them waxed? Don’t go through the hassle of having them completely done over – just tweeze the small eyebrow hairs that need to go so you don’t have bright red eyebrows for the big day.
- Eat a good dinner – Don’t eat light – eat what you usually would for dinner. Make sure it’s a balanced meal as always, complete with your veggies and healthy grains to give you stamina to dance the night away!
Have any more prom tips for the night before? Leave them in a comment below!