Apr 26, 2012
Designer Vera Wang once said, “Fashion offers no greater challenge than finding what works for a night without looking like you are wearing a costume.” This is something to keep in mind when accessorizing with a sequin ensemble. With our 2013 sequin homecoming dresses just in, we want to help you accessorize with these hot dresses.
- Just like Vera says, you do not want to look like you are wearing a costume. You should portray a flawless glam look. Since sequins can be a tough pattern to accessorize with, here are some tips to help you out:
- Less is more – Keep jewelry limited. Go for a pair of amazing earrings or perhaps throw on a few bangle bracelets. Just be careful not to over do it. You want to keep everyone’s attention on that stunning dress rather than your abundant accessory choices.
- Metals vs. Gemstones – Since you are already sparkling, stay away from flashy gemstones and try metals instead. A metal will better compliment the dress and will, again, keep the focus on the dress rather than your glitz accessories.
- Solid Color Shoes – Go for a solid color shoe, rather than a glitter one. The glitter can clash with the sequins, where with a solid you really can’t go wrong.
- Solid Color Clutch- Keep the clutch a solid color and try to pair it with the shoes. Pick a color that will make the dress color pop.
- Keep Hair Simple – While we love glitz hairpins in the hair, this is the time to stay clear of them. A simple updo or relaxed waves is the way to go. You want to make it appear that this look was effortless and you were just born this glamorous!
Following these 5 simple steps, you will be able to rock those sequins like a pro! Always keep in mind that less is more. Keep everyone’s eyes on you with your flawless look; because this isn’t your costume or time to cover up, it is your time to shine. Remember to check out our entire collection of sequin homecoming dresses at DressProm.net!