Jun 7, 2013
Having a sweet sixteen party is not cheap! We know that a lot of time, money and effort go into planning the most memorable 16th birthday party. Why not cut some corners and costs with these tips from DressProm.net? You can get the best bang for your buck while still having the time of your life!
- Try making your own decorations instead of buying them. There are plenty of blogs, as well as Pinterest boards dedicated to making your own party decorations! Plus, they’ll be exactly what you want and adorably homemade!
- Instead of doing a large dinner for the guests of your sweet sixteen parties, try doing small finger foods instead! Your guests can snack throughout the whole party and you will save money by not paying for a huge meal.
- Try having your party in a large space, such as an empty barn, a church hall, or a picnic grove, instead of the pricey banquet halls. Many private organizations like churches or other halls allow you to rent the space for a small cost or donation to the organization.
- Keep your guest list to a 100-person maximum. If you have a larger group of friends or a huge family, it can be difficult to keep a cap on the number of people to invite. Try to narrow down your group of friends to the people you will think would attend and add them to guest list first.
- Instead of hiring a DJ for your big bash, use your computer! Hooking up your computer or music player to a set of speakers isn’t difficult at all and you get to control the playlist! This works out even better, as far as what music you’d like to be played, and cuts the cost of renting a DJ for the night!
Have any more tips on how to cut costs at your sweet sixteen parties or have any stories you’d like to share with us about how you did so? Share it with us in a comment below!