May 26, 2010
School’s out for summer, and that means it’s graduation season. And graduation season can only mean one thing: parties! When you go to a graduation party, you want to look your best. Lots of people have their parties in the evening, so you’ll want to dress up a little bit. You don’t have to go crazy— prom was last month! Here are some tips about how to make a cocktail dress look elegant and classy for some of those graduation parties.
- Find a great pair of earrings. You can always go with a great pair of drop earrings. The dress is short, so your earrings can be long!
- The necklace is really up to you. If you’re feeling funky, go with something that has a big pendant. If not, you can just go with something simple. But earrings and a necklace often go hand in hand, so don’t wear one without the other.
- If you’re comfortable wearing bracelets, this is the perfect opportunity! Ideally, it would be great to wear a bracelet that matched your earrings. A simple tennis bracelet always works.
- You’ll need a good handbag. Hopefully you held on to your little clutch purse from prom. It’s great for times like this. It’s just big enough for the essentials. With a cocktail dress, you want to avoid any purse with a strap. It just ends up looking bulky.
- You can wear cute ballet flats with your cocktail dress. If it’s a casual party, you can even get away with a nice pair of flip flops! It’s all about looking cute and being yourself.
Have fun this graduation season. Everyone here at DressProm.net congratulates you on a school year well done!