Jun 28, 2010
Everyone’s eyes are going to be on you. How do you handle the pressure? What do you do to prepare? Well, there are a few things we like to keep in mind when we think about getting ready for that big pageant. And DressProm.net is ready to share those tips with you!
- When you’re on the stage, hold your head up high. You’ll have great posture if you walk like you’re already wearing that crown on your head!
- Don’t compare yourself to the other contestants. You’re being judged on how well you carry yourself.
- Perform your talent for as many people as you can. The more advice you get, the better!
- To prepare for the interview portion, make sure you are up to date on the news. You want to have an idea of your opinion on just about everything. There’s nothing worse than being put on the spot.
- Think of something funny before you go on stage. This will ensure that your smile is natural and not plastic. (One of our friends actually carries around a picture of David Hasslehoff from his Baywatch days. We’re not sure why, but she finds it hilarious!)
- Keep double-stick tape in the dressing room. You just never know…
- Oh yeah… have fun!