Dressing A Bottom-Heavy Figure
Jan 24, 2011
We’ve got prom dresses here for girls with every body type. We want to make sure that you can find the dress or gown you’re looking for right here at Dress Prom. We have a few tips to help you dress your figure. Here are just a few ways to enhance your look if you happen to have a bottom-heavy shape. In other words, you’re the classic “pear.” It’s easier than you think to look totally spectacular.
- Balance your figure with color and fitted pieces. Wear a fitted jacket on the top that’s the same or similar color as a looser skirt on the bottom. This look is great for casual winter dances.
- There’s a phrase you should always remember: Fit and flare. Keep it fitted on the top, and let it flare out at the bottom. A-line is perfect for you.
- Wear patterns or prints on your smallest feature. This will draw attention up and away from your heavier bottom half.
- Look for dresses with a raised waist. An empire waist accentuates your smallest part. That’s what you’re looking for in a prom dress!
- Pick a pretty neckline. Again, it’s all about looking for ways to draw attention upwards.
- Try a look that’s light on the top and dark on the bottom! Classic and chic.
What are your favorite tips for dressing your figure?