Sweet 16 Parties: Because You Only Turn 16 Once!
Oct 20, 2009
A 16th birthday is a milestone. It celebrates growing up, while still being able to enjoy the fun days of high school. Sweet 16 birthday parties are growing in popularity, especially with MTV’s “My Super Sweet 16″. Your party budget may not be as elaborate as some of the girls on the show, but your party can be just as fun, with hopefully a lot less drama! Here’s some ways to make your Sweet 16 party an exciting time:
1. Theme It - Having a theme for your Sweet 16 party transforms a party from ordinary into AWESOME! Popular themes include tea parties, glamour and glitz, 80’s parties, spa party, and basically any theme you can think of!
2. Mini Cupcakes are a Must – Have you seen those tiny, pretty gourmet cupcakes? So cute, right? You can find tons of recipes for making your own, and you may even want to have the party go-ers decorate their cupcakes themselves for some extra fun!
3. It’s Fun To Dress Up – Like dressing up? Your Sweet 16 happens only once in your life, so look your best! Check out our Moonlight Homecoming Dresses for dresses that will have you looking so pretty at your Sweet 16.
4. The Invitations - Invitations are your guest’s first impression of the theme and style of your party, so choose with care. Choose invitations that reflect what the actual mood and tone of your party will be like, and of course make sure they have your great personality shining through.
5. Good Music, Great Night – If you’re known for having a great taste in music or have a friend who knows what a good party mix is, create a mix for the night of the party. This way, you can just play the mix and won’t need to keep going over to your music player. Just be sure to choose songs that reflect the tone and mood of the party.
As long as you plan to have fun at your Sweet 16 party, we know you’ll have a great time. Happy Sweet 16, have an excellent party, and make a wish!