Confidence is the Key to Pageant Success
Jul 7, 2011
One of the most important qualities of pageant winners is confidence. People can sense when you aren’t confident with yourself. It shows in the way you walk, the expressions on your face, your smile, posture, and even the way you wear your clothes. In order to win the crown, you need to hold you head high and pretend it’s already on top of you head. These tips will help you remain confident and bring you closer to pageant success.
- Always smile.
- You should look the judges in the eyes, but if you find that difficult you can look at their foreheads.
- You don’t have to spend a fortune on a pageant gown. All you need is a gown that sparkles when you’re on the stage, and makes you feel and look good.
- Choose a dress that fits you correctly. The color should also bring out your personality. When choosing a dress, consider your hairstyle, make-up, skin conditions – tan lines, height, weight, posture, ability to walk on stage, ability to walk up and down steps, the type of shoes you’ll need, and accessories.
- Do not over accessorize. Keep jewelry at a minimum.
- Never compare yourself to the other contestants. You are only being judged on you. Picking out qualities they have that you don’t believe you have will only make you less confident. Besides, you may not think you have those qualities, but the judges may think differently.
- Be up to date with what is going on in the news and other current events.
- Good posture is very important. Keep your shoulders back and hold your head high.
- Remember, your hair is your crowning glory and can make or break your appearance.
- Be honest with the judges.
- Never give up. Most likely, you’ll lose more times than you’ll win. You need to hold your head high and keep trying. After losing a pageant think of ways you can improve for the next pageant.
Keeps these tips in mind next time you’re walking across the stage, answering a question or choosing a dress and you’ll be well on your way to winning a crown. Good luck from all of us at PageantDesigns.com