Perfect Prom Jewelry
Aug 8, 2011
Jewelry can make or break your prom dress. There are many things to consider when choosing what to wear, jewelry-wise, for that big dance. For example, one thing to consider is whether the jewelry matches your dress and shoes. Here are some tips, from DressProm.net, to help you choose the perfect prom jewelry for your prom night.
- The jewelry you choose should be jewelry you would normally wear. For example, if you never wear earrings, don’t wear a pair just for your prom. Unless, of course, you feel comfortable wearing them.
- If your gown has a lot of details, choose simple jewelry. If your gown is simple, you can be more extravagant with your jewelry choices.
- If you’re going to be wearing a fancy tiara or something else in your hair, keep your earrings simple or don’t wear any at all.
- Generally, tall girls tend to look better wearing dangling earrings, and small earrings appeal to shorter girls.
- Long y-shaped necklaces and short choker type necklaces look great when worn with a v-neck dress. A strand of pearls can also compliment a v-neck dress.
- Wear short necklaces, or long layered necklaces compliment scooped neck dresses.
- If your dress is strapless, draw attention to your neck by wearing a bold necklace.
- Don’t match your jewelry to the color of your dress. Wear colors that compliment each other.
Before purchasing any jewelry for prom, try it on. You may not like how it looks until you’re wearing it! Stop by and visit us at DressProm.net for more prom jewelry ideas.