Confidently Ask Him to Prom
Aug 22, 2011
Prom is one of the most talked about events of the school year. Girls go all out when looking for the perfect dress, while the boys stress about asking that certain someone to be their date. His shyness may cost you a date for prom! When it comes to finding a prom date, don’t stand on the sidelines while the boy you like drags his feet! Take charge and start looking for a prom date before it’s too late and you end up going to prom alone! Here are some strategies to use when you’re looking to land a date for prom.
- Don’t wait until the last minute! Start eyeing up prospective prom dates now. If you wait until a month before prom, there won’t be any decent boys left to ask.
- Remain calm. Don’t become nervous over asking the boy you like to prom. The worse he can say is no. Besides, maybe the only reason he hasn’t asked you is because he’s nervous.
- Ask him at the right time. When he’s hanging out with a group of his friends isn’t the ideal time to ask a guy to prom. If you do, you’ll be putting him on the spot. A good time to ask is when he is standing at his locker alone, or another time when he isn’t talking to anyone.
- If the guy you ask does say no, don’t base your opinion of yourself on what they think. Stay confident in yourself and keep trying. He obviously wasn’t the right prom date for you.
- Don’t just ask anyone. The person you ask should be someone who interests you. For example, don’t ask the most popular guy in school because he’s the most popular guy in school. Ask him because you truly like him and you enjoy talking to him during class or locker breaks.
Have confidence in yourself, even if you do end up going to prom without a date! If you appear confident, the people around you will think there is nothing wrong. Who knows, maybe you’ll start a new trend, and next year everyone will go to prom stag!