Leila Lopes Crowned Miss Universe 2011
Sep 23, 2011
Last week the winner of the 60th Annual Miss Universe® Pageant was announced. Leila Lopes, a 25 year-old from Benguela, Angola, received the crown in front of millions of viewers from around the world at Credicard Hall in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
It’s not wonder the Miss Universe title is such a coveted one, with a prize package that includes a custom diamond tiara and jewelry by Diamond Nexus, an eveningwear wardrobe from Sherri Hill, a year’s supply of nail care products from OPI Products, Inc., casting opportunities and professional representation by the Miss Universe Organization and much more!
There were 88 contestants in this years Miss Universe contest, which is the largest beauty pageant in the world. Leila Lopes is the first person from her country to win the title of Miss Universe. She plans to continue her work with social causes including poor children, the fight against HIV, protect the elderly and more.
Here are some more facts about the 2011 Miss Universe Winner.
- Not only is the first Miss Universe winner from her home country of Angola, Lopes is also the fourth black women in the entire world to win the title of Miss Universe.
- She is studying business and living in England.
- In 2008 Lopes was crowned Miss Angola UK.
- Her full name is Leila Luiana da Costa Vieira Lopes.
- Lopes is bilingual, speaking Portuguese, and is half Brazilian.
Pageant Designs would like to congratulate Leila Lopes and all of the 2011 Miss Universe Pageant contestants!